Tinashe Says It’s ‘So Embarrassing’ That She Has A Song With R.Kelly: ‘I Block Out That Song From My Mind’

Tinashe Says It's 'So Embarrassing' That She Has A Song With R.Kelly: 'I Block Out That Song From My Mind'

Tinashe recently reflected on having a song with R.Kelly and explained how she forced to hop on a record with him during her time with RCA, the label she left in 2019. 

During an interview on Zach Sang Show was asked how she felt about her previous label trying to launch her career by making her do a song with R. Kelly and Chris Brown being that they both have had a history of trouble. Before answering the question Tinashe laughed the responded by saying, “You think I wanted [to do those songs]? I literally block out that R. Kelly song from my mind — I forget that it even exists,” she said. “That is so embarrassing. That is so unreal that I even have a song with R. Kelly.” She added, “I was so young too, which is crazy because I feel like I did that song when I just signed to that label… I was probably like 20.”  

RELATED: Hot 97’s Ebro Apologizes To Tinashe Calling For Her “Light Skin With A Ghetto Name” In 2013 Interview

Sang then brought up how Tinashe received backlash from the public after doing a song with both of the artists and said fans perceived it as she willingly did it, but it was actually the label that made her get on those tracks. “Especially when it comes to singles,” Tinashe continued. “Like for example that song with with Chris, that was a song that… we all wanted it to be this big moment — this big single. So I feel like in [the label’s] mind, they were like ‘You need the support.’ And [Chris] was like their biggest artist that they had on rhythmic radio at the time.”

As we all know, R. Kelly is in the in the slammer. In more recent news a few of R.Kelly’s victims who were apart of the ‘Surviving R. Kelly’ docuseries have been awarded a hefty amount of money after the 2018 screening of the series was shut down due to terrorist  threats so a judge decided to award them some monetary compensation for everything they had to go through. 

RELATED: Dame Dash Says R. Kelly Is Where He Belongs: “I Know Aaliyah, So I Know What He Did”

According to documents obtained by TMZ, six of the singer’s victims will be awarded $10.5 million dollars which is coming from Kelly and his manager, Donnell Russell. As we previously reported, the women sued Kelly after the New York City screening of ‘Surviving R. Kelly’ was shut down. In the lawsuit the victims had claimed R.Kelly was behind a campaign back in 2018 to intimidate the women and the producers so they wouldn’t screen the series. After his teams alleged threats failed it was reported that someone from Kelly’s camp contacted producers on the night of the NYC screening and said someone was going to “shoot up the place.” So after that threat the screening was shut down. according to the victims that incident, opened up past trauma and resulted in them suffering PTSD and panic attacks.

The post Tinashe Says It’s ‘So Embarrassing’ That She Has A Song With R.Kelly: ‘I Block Out That Song From My Mind’ appeared first on Hollywood Unlocked .


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post