Zendaya’s Mother Says She Had To ‘Name Drop’ Her Daughter At Emmys After Being Stopped From Approaching Her Table: ‘I’m Her Mom’

Zendaya’s mother, Claire Stoermer, had to check security at the Emmys on Sunday when she was stopped from heading over to her daughter’s table before she would go on to win the award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama. The 26-year-old has now become the only Black actress to have secured this particular award for a second time, so one can only imagine how proud Stoermer must have felt when Zendaya’s name was read out.

Well, she ended up taking to her Instagram Story this week to recall how she had to “name drop” her daughter just so that she could approach Zendaya’s table because security at the venue was giving her a hard time for not having any credentials. But it appeared that letting them know she was Zendaya’s mother was enough for her to finally be reunited with the “Euphoria” star before the big moment.

RELATED: Zendaya Says She’s Feeling ‘Overwhelmed’ After Making History With Multiple ‘Euphoria’ Emmy Nominations

“[I] made my way to Z before they awarded her the Emmy and gave her the biggest hug and said… breathe!!!” Stoermer began. ‘The man who tried to stop me said “‘where are your credentials?’” she wrote. “I said ‘i’m zendaya’s mom’ and kept walking!! hahaha! i never name drop like that but i have to do it.”

Stoermer accompanied her caption with a doting snapshot of her and Zendaya after her major win followed by a string of other photos including her “Euphoria” co-stars, where she added, “I love this group of people… When Z is working on Euphoria, I don’t worry about her! @samlev00 and @ashlevinson thank you!!”

Zendaya became the youngest actress to win the award for lead actress at the Emmys back in 2020, and this year, she made history by becoming the first Black actress to earn the gong for a second time, after beating off some stiff competition which includes names such as Jennifer Aniston, Jodie Comer, and Olivia Colman.

RELATED: Zendaya Reveals She Won’t Be Attending The 2022 Met Gala Due To Her Hectic Work Schedule

Fans raved about Zendaya’s performance as Rue in season two of the hit HBO series, which premiered back in January. During her speech, the “Spider-Man: Homecoming” star expressed her gratitude after her historic win, before going on to pay tribute to those suffering from addiction.

“My greatest wish for Euphoria was that it could help heal people,” she said. “I just want to say thank you to everyone who has shared their story with me. I want you to know that anyone who has loved a Rue or feels like they are a Rue, I want you to know I’m so grateful for your stories and I carry them with me, and I carry them with her.”

The post Zendaya’s Mother Says She Had To ‘Name Drop’ Her Daughter At Emmys After Being Stopped From Approaching Her Table: ‘I’m Her Mom’ appeared first on Hollywood Unlocked .


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post