Da’Vinchi Says People ‘Need To See Past’ Color, Talks Interracial Dating, And Says We Need To ‘Move Forward’ From Slavery

Da’Vinchi Says People ‘Need To See Past’ Color, Talks Interracial Dating, And Says We Need To ‘Move Forward’ From Slavery

In the same interview where Haitian-American actor Da’Vinchi called Black Americans “lazy” and “incompetent for a really long time,” he also weighed in on racial tensions and slavery in America.

RELATED: ‘The Jason Lee Show’ Episode 3: La La Anthony And Da’Vinchi Address Dating Rumors, Filming ‘Uncomfortable’ Nude Scenes, Remaining Humble In Hollywood & More

While appearing on Cam Newton’s ‘Funky Friday’ podcast, Da’Vinchi shared his controversial claims. During the October 2 episode, the ‘BMF’ actor spoke about the hit show, and also shared his thoughts on growing up in America with Haitian-born parents and grandparents — making him a first generation American.

As we previously shared, Da’Vinchi obliged to Newton’s request and kept it funky. He not only spoke about “lazy” and “incompetent” Americans, but he also weighed in on the controversial conversation of Black Americans believing Black people from the diaspora (Caribbean-Americans, European-Americans, African-Americans, etc.) think they’re better than those native to America. He agreed to it being true, but clarified that it isn’t right.

RELATED: Da’Vinchi Believes Americans Have Been ‘Lazy’ And ‘Incompetent For A Really Long Time;’ Also Weighs In On Black American Belief That Caribbean-Americans Think They’re Better

Da’Vinchi Talks Slavery, Race, And Interracial Dating

Later in the interview, Da’Vinchi again spoke about race while commenting on interracial dating and America’s history with slavery. The conversation came up as Newton asked Da’Vinchi if he could date outside of his race, and do it openly. The actor, who said he is currently locked in with someone, confirmed he could interracially date.

However, he also clarified that he is not currently dating a White woman. As he made his disclaimer, Da’Vinchi said he didn’t see anything wrong with interracial dating. He said his reasons for not dating a White woman is “not a color, at all.” However, he added:

“I do think it’s unfortunate that we have so many people in the world that can’t see past that. Like, with everything that’s going on, I could understand the emotions that it conjure up because of what people of African descent have gone through under the hands of Caucasians. But however, the story is much bigger. Like, Caucasians have enslaved Caucasians. Black people have enslaved Black people. We’re looking at history from a point of view that is cutting our legs off from under our feet to really be able to move forward and be like smarter and more—I think just more awareness. And it’s just so unfortunate. I get it, but like—I’m not going to lie. I’ve thought about it before like I remember you know filming filming ‘All American.’ I’m like, ‘Damn. That’s crazy. Like if I was really dating a White woman, they would say a lot.’ And I’m like, ‘Damn. What would that be like for her? How would she like…’ She would get death threats and people would be like, ‘Yo, you taking our men. Go back to whatever.’ And then she gets hate from her own White community, you know? ‘Cause then she got people calling her the ’n-word lover’ and all different type of stuff. And I went to all White high school, so I heard some of the stuff that people say to White girls that like Black guys. So, it’s so unfortunate. But I I do think if you love the person and you actually rock together, society shouldn’t be the reason why you don’t get together. I mean shout out to the LGBTQ community. They getting married with pastors that is officiating the marriage and they’re not feeling no type of way about it. They’re like they’re doing this out and open.”

#Socialites, be sure to check out the post below, then leave us your thoughts in a comment after!


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post