Stefon Diggs Pleads Not Guilty to Assaulting His Private Chef

Stefon Diggs, star wideout for the New England Patriots, stepped into Dedham District Court on Friday pleased not guilty to felony strangulation and other criminal charges tied to an alleged dispute with his personal chef.

As previously reported, the situation stems from an argument over money the chef says Diggs owed her. The alleged incident took place on Dec. 2 at his home. The woman told officers in Dedham that during the dispute, Diggs “smacked her across the face” and then “tried to choke her using the crook of his elbow around her neck,” leaving her feeling short of breath.

Now here’s where it gets even more layered: the chef reportedly didn’t go to police until Dec. 16… about two weeks after the alleged altercation. Court documents say she initially hesitated to file charges but eventually decided to move forward. However, Diggs’ camp isn’t having it, though.

His attorney said he “categorically denies these allegations,” describing them as unsubstantiated and rooted in a financial disagreement. The Patriots organization also released a statement backing their guy.

And if you thought the timing was random, think again…

Diggs’ original arraignment was set for Jan. 23 but got pushed back to Feb. 13, five days after the Patriots’ 29-13 loss to the Seattle Seahawks. The case was further delayed until after Super Bowl LX so Diggs could suit up for the NFL championship game. Business first, courtroom later.

Friday marked his first official appearance before the judge, who was expected to address bail conditions and lock in future court dates. Diggs is scheduled to return for a pretrial hearing on April 1.

While Diggs’ is used to taking wins, he’s hoping that he doesn’t take another L this year.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post