Blake Griffin Retires from The NBA

Blake Griffin
Getty Images

After an amazing 14-year career in the NBA, veteran forward Blake Griffin officially announced his retirement this Tuesday.

The big news and sports update came through a post on his official Instagram account, where he expressed gratitude for the journey he had in professional basketball. He began his post by saying, “I never envisioned myself as the guy who would have a “letter to basketball” retirement announcement… and I’m still not going to be that guy. But as I reflected on my career, the one feeling I kept coming back to and the one thing I wanted to express was thankfulness.”

He continued, “I’m thankful for every single moment not just the good ones: the wins, the awards, the dunks, and the memorable times spent with family, friends, fans, teammates, and coaches. I could continue on about the people in my life who have contributed immensely to my career, but in this short non-letter, I have to acknowledge my parents, Tommy and Gail, and my brother, Taylor, for their unconditional support and guidance. Lastly, my agent Sam Goldfeder, who has been a steadfast voice of reason and my wartime consigliere thank you. I am equally thankful for the not-so-good moments: the losses, the injuries, the wayyyy too many surgeries, the lessons, the heartbreaks, and it wouldn’t be sports retirement letter without acknowledging the “haters.” All of these experiences made my 14 years in the league truly unforgettable, and I can’t help but to just feel thankful.”

He concluded, “The game of basketball has given me so much in this life, and I wouldn’t change a thing. Last but certainly not least, here comes the obligatory I’m excited for my next chapter part: just kidding, I’m done..”

RELATED:James Earl Jones Retires Iconic Voiceover Role As Darth Vader

RELATED:Manny Pacquiao Officially Retires From Boxing Ahead Of His Presidential Run In The Philippines

More On Blake Griffin:

Having been the top overall pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, Griffin’s legacy was cemented through his time on the court. Spending a significant portion of his career with the LA Clippers, he showcased his skills by earning six All-Star selections during his 7 1/2 seasons with the team.

Best known for his high dunks and athletic prowess, Griffin even claimed victory in the league’s dunk contest in 2011.

Throughout his career, Griffin also donned jerseys for the Detroit Pistons, Brooklyn Nets, and Boston Celtics. With a solid career averages of 19 points, 8 rebounds, and 4 assists per game, Griffin leaves behind a lasting legacy as a dynamic and talented player in the NBA.

Source

The post Blake Griffin Retires from The NBA appeared first on Hollywood Unlocked .

Getty Images

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post