Is Iggy Azalea Quitting Music? Rapper Announces She Is No Longer Going To Finish Her Album

Getty Images

Welp, if you’re looking forward to hearing new music from Iggy Azalea then you may be a little disappointed by this news. The rapper announced that she will be taking a break from music. In a heartfelt address to her fans, she revealed that her passion for music has waned, leading her to make the difficult decision to not finish her forthcoming album.

In an early Wednesday tweet, she said, “I’ve always been someone who finds my joy in being creative & seeing my ideas come to life. For a long time I used music to deliver my big crazy ideas to the world. I know a lot of people have this idea that I was “bullied away from music” and that’s something I’ve always laughed at because I’d never be bullied out of anything! In fact, I’m too stubborn. I think I’ve even resisted changes within myself at times, purely because I don’t like being viewed as someone who quits.”

Iggy, 33, went on to say, “In truth what I’ve known for a long time is that I feel more passionately about design and creative direction than I do about song writing. To many of you that’s no shock to read. It shows in my work. 🥲 Haha! Jokes aside, i do spend a lot more time on that part of things… because Im most confident at that. That’s why I want to let you know that I’m not going to finish my album. It’s been paused for a few months while I was giving direction for a different project & in truth I just haven’t felt the urge to go back to it. I feel really happy & passionate in my day to day life when my minds focused on that and so I want to stick to what’s undeniably best for me.”

Before she wrapped her message, Iggy left things off on a positive note while hinting at other projects: “Cant wait to start sharing some of the things I’ve been involved in creating & hoping you’ll see my quirk & humor in anything I touch! I know for some fans this probably makes you feel a little deflated – I’m sorry to let you down. But, it’s more important I don’t let myself down. I hope youll understand. Talk soon! I Love you. 🤍

RELATED: Iggy Azalea’s Pants Rip While Performing In Saudi Arabia & Officials Force Her To End Show: ’Probably The Worst Possible Place To Have My Pants Split’

RELATED: Trinidad James Approves Of Tory Lanez’s 10-Year Prison Sentence Over Megan Thee Stallion Shooting — Says Iggy Azalea Should Mind Her Business

This unexpected move has left many wondering about the future of Iggy Azalea’s career and what lies ahead for the talented artist. Overall, it is clear that she is seeking a new direction in her life.

More Iggy Azalea

Iggy Azalea is an Australian rapper, singer, and songwriter. She gained popularity with her debut studio album The New Classic which was released in April 2014. Azalea has been nominated for numerous major music awards including the Grammy Awards and the MTV Video Music Awards.

What Has She Been Up To Since Taking A Break From Music?

Aside from being a mother to her son Onyx who she shares with rapper Playboi Carti, she has also since dropped her OnlyFans account which seems to be taking up most of her time and bringing in great money.

In November, it was reported that she took the top spot by making an alleged $48 million in less than a year. The ‘Fancy’ singer joined OnlyFans back in January and at the time there were later reports that she had made hundreds of thousands of dollars in just 24 hours.

While we wait to see what she has in store for her fans, let us know your thoughts on this in the comment box below!

Press Play Below To Look Back On Her Hit Songs:

Source

The post Is Iggy Azalea Quitting Music? Rapper Announces She Is No Longer Going To Finish Her Album appeared first on Hollywood Unlocked .

Getty Images

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post