Ari Lennox On Tiny Harris Shading Her: “That Really Hurt My Feelings”

Ari Lennox and Tiny Harris
Getty Images

We’re used to Ari Lennox putting her feelings and emotions in her music but this time she’s putting it all on the table. The talented R&B singer recently opened up about her feelings towards Tiny Harris, the wife of rapper T.I. In an Instagram live session, Ari expressed her hurt over a comment made by Tiny in a 2022 interview. She claims the Xscape singer had seemingly “shaded” her by questioning her vocal range.

While recalling the moment she was allegedly shaded by the reality star, Ari said, “You can’t drag me and then, ‘Oh yeah!’ I mean, just like Tiny: you can’t in one breath say, ‘Oh yeah, she’s amazing,’ but also say I don’t have range.” She went on to describe Tiny’s comment as a backhanded compliment, which left her feeling hurt.

“These are back-handed compliments so I will forever look at you like a shady pest. Yeah, that’s what she said. That really hurt my feelings. Like, girl, I be listening to you. Xscape is one of my favorite groups. I loved her little f*cking verse on [sings ‘My Little Secret’].” She continued: “And for her to come at me like I couldn’t fit in with y’all! I don’t wanna fit in with y’all!

Now, despite that, Ari expressed her admiration for Xscape and even mentioned that she loved Tiny’s verse in the song “My Little Secret.” The singer also mentioned that she didn’t want to fit in with Tiny and her group but appreciated Kandi Burruss for having her back. Ari acknowledged that Tiny’s comment had revealed who truly supported her and who did not.

“But you know what? I love Kandi. She had my back. I love you Kandi, I forever will love you. Tiny hurt my feelings, but you know what, it is what it is. It’s nice to see who f*ck with you and who’s cool and who’s not and I’m just in a space where it’s just like alright, thank you for revealing yourselves to me.”

When a fan pointed out that the comment was made years ago, Ari dismissed the notion, stating, “Kiss my a**, okay? If someone shaded you years ago, you would feel a way, okay?” She emphasized that despite being shaded by others, she still listened to their music and appreciated their talent. However, she made it clear that she could only hang out with Kandi.

The comment in question from Tiny came during a 2022 interview with Los Angeles radio station KDAY. The members of Xscape were asked which modern-day R&B singer they could see joining their group. While Kandi chose Ari Lennox, Tiny shrugged and commented, “I mean, I haven’t heard her range. I’ve heard her sing, and she sounds amazing.”

RELATED: Ari Lennox Says She Won’t Perform At ‘Any Shows That Require Me To Fly’ Due To Her ‘Huge Fear’ Of Air Travel

RELATED: Twitter Drake Threw Shade At Megan Thee Stallion During His Show: ‘Not That Meg, This Meg!’

In addition to addressing Tiny’s comment, Ari also called out Joe Budden during her Instagram Live. She accused him of being “obsessed” with her after he criticized her for speaking out about an incident during her tour with Rod Wave, where she was hit with a bottle.

Tiny has not yet commented on Ari Lennox’s video. Meanwhile, her candid and honest remarks during her Instagram live session shed light on her feelings towards Tiny Harris as well as Joe Budden and other critics in the industry.

Source

The post Ari Lennox On Tiny Harris Shading Her: “That Really Hurt My Feelings” appeared first on Hollywood Unlocked .

Getty Images

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post