Do You Agree? Burna Boy Says J. Cole Called Him ‘Tupac Reincarnated In Africa’

Burna Boy Says J. Cole Called Him Tupac 2pac Reincarnated In Africa

#Socialites, do you agree with J. Cole? According to Afrobeats sensation Burna Boy, Cole pretty much called him the new Tupac Shakur. Burna said Cole referred to him as 2Pac reincarnated in Africa.”

RELATED: Bill Gates Praises Afrobeats, Says Daughter Was Jealous Of Him Possibly Seeing Burna Boy & Rema During Recent Nigeria Trip

While sitting down for a new interview Elliot Wilson and Brian “B.Dot” Miller on their ‘Rap Radar‘ podcast, Burna Boy opened up about his music career and how he apparently favored the late and great Hip-Hop icon, Tupac “or 2Pac” Shakur.

Burna, born Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu, recalled being in a studio session with Cole and nonchalantly reacting to Cole comparing him to a reincarnated Tupac Shakur. The Nigerian superstar singer began, “I don’t really know the dynamics behind how everything happened, but somehow I end up in the studio with J. Cole, and a bunch of basketball players — tall as hell.”

RELATED: Afrobeats Takes Over 2023 NBA All-Star Game As Burna Boy, Tems & Rema Shut Down Halftime Show

The “Last Last” singer said, “And then yeah, before any music, we were just all talking about real stuff, about life, and everything really. And for me, you know, it’s like, I don’t really talk. I don’t really have conversations with people that don’t really live with me and stuff like that. I don’t have them long conversations like that. So for me, I found myself just going off. [Feeling comfortable].”

Burna continued to recall that at some point during the conversation, Cole pointed out a comparison between Burna and Pac. He said, “Before we started [recording music], he just goes like, ‘Bruh, this n***a’s 2Pac.’ And then I look around to see who he’s talking about, and it’s me he’s talking about! He’s like, ‘Yeah, this n***a is — it’s like 2Pac reincarnated in Africa and sh*t.’ [I was like], ‘Damn, that’s kinda deep. Alright, let’s make some music.'”

RELATED: Burna Boy Reveals Toni Braxton Receives 60% Of Royalties From His Song ‘Last Last’

As Burna Boy mentioned, he and J. Cole got into the studio together to make some new music, and we recently caught wind of some the magic they made on Burna’s seventh studio album, ‘I Told Them…‘ On the song “Thanks,” Cole does some more comparing, and likens himself and Burna Boy to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant, due to them both being talented, successful, and having great chemistry together.

J. Cole raps on the song, “In Beverly Hills, coppin’ whatever I feel / Cole and Burna, Shaq and Kobe / Winnin’ a ring, then we gon’ repeat and three-peat / Them nerds hate, they seat geeks / They peepin’ us on the low, we like the cheat sheet / Get paid for phrases, I don’t believe in free speech / I said it, I meant it, no take backs / I don’t even need the receipts, so please miss me with the PC.”

RELATED: Samuel L. Jackson Recalls His Wife Checking 2Pac For Cursing Around Women On The Set Of ‘Juice’

#Socialites, be sure to check out the post below, then leave us your thoughts in a comment after!

 
 
 
 
 
View this post on Instagram
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by HOLLYWOOD UNLOCKED (@hollywoodunlocked)

The post Do You Agree? Burna Boy Says J. Cole Called Him ‘Tupac Reincarnated In Africa’ appeared first on Hollywood Unlocked .


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post