Nene Leakes Addresses Her Son Bryson’s Recent Arrest: ‘There’s Nothing I Can Do’

Nene Leakes Addresses Her Son Bryson's Recent Arrest: 'There's Nothing I Can Do'

Nene Leakes is finally breaking her silence about her son Bryson Rashard Bryant’s recent arrest. As we previously reported, Bryson was taken into police custody on felony drug possession charges and is currently in jail. 

The 33-year-old was arrested on July 3 and hit with several charges, including possession of a scheduled II controlled substance, violation of probation, and loitering. PEOPLE magazine obtained an exclusive clip of Leakes addressing everything on with former Housewives producer Carlos King for his ‘Reality with the King’podcast.

RELATED: NeNe Leakes’ Jailed Son Bryson Reportedly Can’t Afford Can’t Afford Attorney in His Fentanyl Case — Needs Public Defender

“He needs rehabilitation,” Leakes says. “He needs a lot of counseling. Like many families out there, I have family members that are struggling with drugs and certain addictions. He has an addiction. He’s been struggling with it for years. He’s been in rehab for a couple of times and he still has come back out and relapsed.” While speaking about her son she says she’s just come to realization that’s there’s nothing she can do anymore. “As a mom just to watch it, my hands are tied,” she says. “[There’s] not much that I can do. For people who have had children or family members that have been on drugs, they know that they have to be ready. They have to simply be ready.”

“I’ve spent so much money on trying to get Bryson where he needs to be,” she adds. “But every time I’ve sent him off is because I said, ‘You are getting your ass up and we are sending you off.’ But I learned through counseling myself that he has to say, ‘I’m ready to go,’ not me making him go. So until Bryson is ready to make a change, [there’s] nothing I [can] do.”

She also revealed that Lamar Odom has offered to get Bryson into one of his Odom Wellness Treatment Centers. We previously shared that the former NBA star opened a wellness center in San Diego in an effort to save the lives of those who are battling drug addiction.

RELATED: NeNe Leakes’ Son Bryson Arrested For Felony Possession Of Fentanyl And ‘Told Police He Was His Younger Brother’ Brentt

Odom previously said following his near-death experience, he was looking for a purpose. And now, he has found one as he and two partners have launched the “Odom Wellness and Treatment Centers” including three here in San Diego. “You know to take a guy who survived 12 strokes and 6 heart attacks and hook him up with someone who is trying to save lives you know I definitely found my purpose.”

Were not sure if Bryson will takes Odom’s offer but #Socialites lets pray for Nene Leakes and her family!

The post Nene Leakes Addresses Her Son Bryson’s Recent Arrest: ‘There’s Nothing I Can Do’ appeared first on Hollywood Unlocked .


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post