Congrats! Hilary Swank Announces She’s Expecting Twins With Husband Philip Schneider

Congratulations to Hilary Swank, who announced during her appearance on “Good Morning America” today that she’s pregnant with twins. The 48-year-old actress, who is perhaps best known for her award-winning role in 2004’s “Million Dollar Baby,” explained how motherhood had been something she’s wanted with her husband, Philip Schneider, for so long.

“I’m so happy to share it with you and with America right now,” the overjoyed Nebraska native expressed. “This is something I’ve been wanting for a long time and my next thing is I’m going to be a mom! I’m going to be a mom and not just of one but of two.”

RELATED: Jason Blum & Ana de la Reguera On “The Forever Purge,” American Dreamers & Ending the Franchise

Though Swank didn’t reveal her due date during the interview, she did say that she was “far enough along” to share the news publicly now. “It’s so nice to be able to talk about it and share it,” she continued. “[It’s far enough along] that I can share it. And I am sharing it right now for the first time.”

The two-time Oscar winner later made an appearance on “Live with Kelly and Ryan” where she explained how having twins isn’t uncommon among their clan; she and Schneider both have twin relatives in their families.

Swank, who is on a promo run in support of her new Hulu show “Alaska Daily” revealed that the baby news was kept under wraps not just from the public but also from her co-stars, who would have only found out about the announcement by watching her “GMA” interview.

It was undoubtedly hard for Swank not to tell anyone on set as she began struggling to fit into her character’s outfits — but with a little creativity, the soon-to-be mother-of-two was able to make it work long enough until she was further along in her pregnancy.

RELATED: ‘The Hunt’ Opens With Star-Studded Screening As Hilary Swank & Betty Gilpin Battle It Out

“My clothes started not to fit so I had to, the other day … cut [my jeans] open. And then I put a jacket on that wasn’t in continuity. And [they] came and said, ‘That’s not in continuity.’ I said, “Oh, I think it works.”

The only issue that arose with this is that switching up her wardrobe would lead to on-set problems pertaining to continuity, but Swank was determined to figure something out because she wasn’t going to break the news of her pregnancy at that point. “And [they] came and said, ‘That’s not in continuity.’ I said, ‘Oh, I think it works.”

The post Congrats! Hilary Swank Announces She’s Expecting Twins With Husband Philip Schneider appeared first on Hollywood Unlocked .


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post