Wayne Brady On People Seeing Him ‘Differently’ As Pansexual: “I’m Too Damns Old To Care Now. I’m Sexy… But Old”

Wayne Brady
Getty Images

Wayne Brady made headlines last August when he bravely came out as pansexual. In a candid interview, Brady gives an update on his new journey and shared that he is unbothered by how people perceive him following his revelation about his sexuality.

In a recent appearance on The Sherri Shepherd Show, Brady discussed the shift in people’s perceptions of him since coming out. When asked about how he feels about being viewed differently, Brady expressed a sense of liberation in no longer seeking validation from others.

“I don’t care” he explained. “You know what I mean by that? That’s not me being flippant. Before then I cared. I cared so much. I’m too damn old to care now. I’m sexy but old,” the 51 joked.

RELATED:Wayne Brady Details The ‘Biggest Misconception’ Of Being Pansexual

RELATED:Whew! Wayne Brady Reportedly Gets Into A ‘Physical Altercation’ With Driver On Malibu Highway After Car Accident

More On Wayne Brady:

When Wayne Brady revealed he is pansexual, he first told his ex-wife, Mandie Taketa who was very supportive. He further explained to People magazine, that he describes it as “bisexual — with an open mind.”

What Is Pansexual?

As some are aware, Pansexual is a term used to describe someone who is attracted to people regardless of their gender identity or expression. Pansexual individuals are attracted to others based on personal qualities, character, and emotional connection rather than gender. It is important to respect and understand different sexual orientations to create a more inclusive and accepting society.

Brady said for him, said at the time: “pan means being able to be attracted to anyone who identifies as gay, straight, bi, transsexual or non-binary.”

“Being able to be attracted across the board,” he said. “And, I think, at least for me for right now, that is the proper place. I took pan to mean that not only can I be attracted to any of these people or types physically, but I could be attracted to the person that is there.”

The “Let’s Make A Deal” host Brady also said during a 2023 interview with Yahoo, that it’s “never too late to take hold of your story” as he discussed the positive responses to coming out.

“I’ve gotten so many DMs, emails and texts from people who, at a midpoint in their life, want to express themselves, whether it’s changing their work or coming out.” He added, “It’s never too late to take hold of your story … for teenagers, young adults, theater students and young Black men who question the idea of masculinity, and what it all means.” 

Source

The post Wayne Brady On People Seeing Him ‘Differently’ As Pansexual: “I’m Too Damns Old To Care Now. I’m Sexy… But Old” appeared first on Hollywood Unlocked .

Getty Images

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post