Tiffany Haddish Opens Up About Painful Endometriosis Battle While Revealing She Had EIGHT Miscarriages

Tiffany Haddish
Getty Images

In a deeply personal revelation, Tiffany Haddish opens up about her struggles with endometriosis and the heart-breaking experience of eight miscarriages. The comedian and actress, known for her infectious humor and sweet personality, shared her journey with PEOPLE magazine ahead of the release of her upcoming memoir, “I Curse You With Joy.”

Describing the excruciating pain she faces, Haddish explained how her body often feels like it’s betraying her. “My body be playing tricks on me,” the 44-year-old tells the outlet. “I’m pretty sure the devil is real because the first day of my period, no matter what, the devil goes into overdrive. I feel like my life gets turned upside down.”

She went on to share that she experienced debilitating pain to even fainting spells. Despite years of enduring heavy menstrual cycles, she was misdiagnosed with a “dent in my uterus.” “I kept passing out. I don’t talk about it, but people just think I’m sleep everywhere, but I’m passing out because I’ll be in so much pain.” Haddish eventually discovered the true cause of her suffering which was ultimately endometriosis. “It turns out it’s not a dent they saw on the ultrasound. It was Endo that was hanging down. It looked like a dent but it was just extra layers.

RELATED: Tiffany Haddish Reportedly Told Guests At Oscars Party She Wasn’t Drinking Because She’s ‘Trying To Get Pregnant’

RELATED: Tiffany Haddish Gets Emotional While Responding To Critics About Israel Trip

What Is Endometriosis:

For those who don’t know, Endometriosis is a medical condition where the tissue that normally lines the inside of the uterus, known as the endometrium, grows outside the uterus. The misplaced tissue can be found on the ovaries, fallopian tubes, outer surface of the uterus, and other organs in the pelvis.

For most people who have this, during the menstrual cycle, this tissue behaves like the normal endometrium, thickening, breaking down, and bleeding. However, because this tissue has no way to exit the body like menstrual blood does, it can cause inflammation, scarring, and pain. This can also lead to symptoms such as severe pelvic pain, painful periods, pain during intercourse, and infertility.

More On Tiffany Haddish:

Haddish went on to detail how she and her doctors have been tackling this health reproductive health issue. She said so far, “They’ve shaved it down, I had to do a fibroid [removal] thing.” She adds, “At this point, I just want them to stay out of [there].”

Speaking more on the painful experience and that unfortunate side effect of endometriosis which has been pregnancy loss, Haddish went on to admit, “It’s so f—ing devastating,” while revealing she’s had a total of eight miscarriages.

“Every time I find out I’m pregnant, I’m like, ‘Don’t drink, don’t smoke, don’t do nothin’,” she told PEOPLE. “Even if I don’t really want [the baby], I still try to give it a chance.” It was just last year she experienced her latest miscarriage.

“It’s like, I won’t know why there’s so much blood. And then I go to the doctor and they’re like, ‘Oh, you’re miscarrying right now. And I just D&C (dilation and curettage, a procedure to remove pregnancy tissue),” she sadly recalled.

In recent months, Haddish admits she has seen some improvements in her health, thanks to prescribed medication and lifestyle changes.

Haddish has been promoting her new book all over on social media. The star recently teased on Instagram, “They say I’m an open book, but you ain’t seen nothing yet.”

Source

The post Tiffany Haddish Opens Up About Painful Endometriosis Battle While Revealing She Had EIGHT Miscarriages appeared first on Hollywood Unlocked .

Getty Images

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post