Love Is Blind’s Clay Opens Up About Why He Came on Show Despite His ‘Self-Doubt’ About Marriage: ‘I Was Battling A lot’

Season 6 of Netflix’s hit show ‘Love Is Blind’ has the internet talking and one of the most shocking parts of the season finale

Season 6 of Netflix’s hit show ‘Love Is Blind’ has the internet talking and one of the most shocking parts of the season finale is Clay Gravesande and Amber Desiree “AD” Smith’s wedding. 

During the show Clay was open about his hesitation to get married but many social media users feel like the way he handles things was messed up. In the season 6 finale that aired Wednesday, Clay ultimately said no to his fiancée AD at the alter. While breaking the news to her Clay told her that he wasn’t “ready” and still needed to “work” on himself. Now in an exclusive interview with @people, the Netflix star opened up about his shocking decision and what was going through his head on their wedding day. “I think for me, I was battling a lot,” he explains. “I have conversations with myself all the time where I can make a commitment, and then also within me making that commitment, I have self-doubts.”

RELATED: Love Is Blind’s Chelsea Blackwell Wants All The People Who Have Told Her She Looks Like Megan Fox To “Come Forward”

“And so I think what you’re seeing is a moment of self-doubt, based off how I was raised,” he continues. “And my parents were married for 24 years, but I [spoke about] it on the show that I saw my dad have some infidelity moments. So I think for me, I made the commitment, but when I was actually in it, I was like, ‘Can I really do this?’ So it was a lot of self-doubt coming through.”

He also added some details about how things were when they moved in together. “I think when we had issues when sometimes I couldn’t stay at the townhouse that we moved into,” he shares. “I’m allergic to dogs, and her dog loved me, he was always in my face. I loved her dog too. But it was a couple of struggles that we had, [especially] in my work schedule. But once I started having her sleep over in my actual house and come to me, come to the lake with me, our relationship got a lot better.”

“And I think that if I would’ve just incorporated her [from the start], we would’ve had a much more smoother ride when we moved to the Charlotte area,” he notes.

“I’m going to stand by everything. I think for me it was like a roller coaster, but I went through those hurdles of emotions and it made me a better person so I wouldn’t change anything,” he says.

RELATED: ‘Love Is Blind’ Star Raven Ross Shames Men Who Use StairMaster: ‘It’s For Girls Only’

When Clay told AD no it was a very shocking moment but he didn’t just leave his answer without an explanation the Netflix star told AD “I don’t think it’s responsible for me to say ‘I do.’ But I want you to know that I’m rocking with you,” he reasoned at their wedding. “I just don’t think it’s responsible for me to say ‘I do’ when I still need work. I still need to get the point where I’m 100 percent in … I’m gonna put the work in for you, and we’ll go through this together.”

“I won’t go there with you when I’m not ready. I can’t say yes right now. I’m sorry,” he continued, later adding in a confessional, “A lot of the work that needed to be done was my emotional empathy side…. I looked at myself in the mirror and said, ‘Am I a husband?’ and the answer was no. ‘Am I deeply in love?’ And the answer was no. Those are two things if you can’t say yes to those answers, why are you getting married?”

The post Love Is Blind’s Clay Opens Up About Why He Came on Show Despite His ‘Self-Doubt’ About Marriage: ‘I Was Battling A lot’ appeared first on Hollywood Unlocked .


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post