Charlamagne tha God Apologizes To Reesa Teesa Over “Big Back” Comments

Charlamagne tha God And Reese Teesa
Getty Images

Popular radio host Charlamagne tha God has found himself in hot water after making controversial comments on his show, The Breakfast Club, that have been labeled as ‘fatphobic’ by critics. As previously reported, during a segment discussing the viral saga of Reesa Teesa, Charlamagne referred to her as a ‘big back,’ sparking outrage among listeners and social media users.

The 45-year-old host’s remarks came while dissecting the story of Reesa Teesa, who gained online fame for sharing a detailed account of her ex-husband’s deceit on TikTok. Charlamagne’s comments insinuated that Reesa’s physical appearance, specifically her size, played a role in the situation.

“Big Backs, y’all gotta stop being so thirsty for a man,” Charlamagne began. “There is a man out there for you. This woman believed all of this because she wanted to believe all of this. Big back belief isn’t like everybody else’s belief. She said it herself. He said everything I wanted to hear. She wanted to believe whatever was coming out of his mouth because she wanted a man so bad.”

RELATED:‘Who TF Did I Marry?’ TikToker Reesa Teesa Addresses Rumors About How Much Money She’s Racked Up From Viral Series

RELATED: Uh Oh: Reesa Teesa’s Ex Jerome McCoy Says He’s Thinking About Taking Legal Action As Her Allegations Are “Hurting His Job”

As the backlash intensified, Reesa Teesa appeared on The Tamron Hall Show to address the situation. The creator of the viral series “Who TF Did I Marry?” spoke out against the bullying and backlash she faced, including Charlamagne’s remarks referring to her story as “big back behavior.”

Sheila speaking with Tamron she said, “There was this very famous personality that called me a ‘Big Back,” talking about my weight,” she told Tamron. “I can already admit I’m self-conscious as a heavier woman. I feel like how I look should not dictate whether or not I deserve what happened,” she said.

“I feel like how I look should not dictate whether or not I deserved the mistreatment. It was disappointing, and it was hurtful,” she told Tamron. “Especially the one that was the more famous personality. Because, again, I’m more than just my weight.”

The radio host is now speaking out to issue an apology, clarifying that it was not his intention to offend or hurt anyone with his comments. “I disturbed that woman’s peace and that wasn’t my intention. So I apologize if my words may her feel that.” Here’s what else he had to say:

Source

The post Charlamagne tha God Apologizes To Reesa Teesa Over “Big Back” Comments appeared first on Hollywood Unlocked .

Getty Images

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post