Cardi B Opens Up About Wanting To Collab With Rihanna — Shares How Her Fear Is Holding Her Back

Cardi B and Rihanna
Getty Images

In a recent interview on @mworthofgame Cardi B shared her desire to collaborate with Rihanna, expressing her admiration for the singer’s music. However, although that’s something she would love to do one day, Cardi revealed that her own self-doubt and fear have been holding her back from really making it happen.

Cardi explained, “I love Rihanna’s music. But, I don’t [make] music like that. I sound kinda stupid trying to sing like that. I sound stupid trying to make music like that.” The super honest star went on to express her concern about sending Rihanna a song that might not meet her standards, saying, “I don’t want to send her nothing like, ‘Ho, what the f-ck is this shi-t? Take this thing out of my face.’”

Despite her reservations, Cardi remains hopeful about the possibility of a collaboration with the superstar. She said she’s waiting to find the perfect song that she believes Rihanna will appreciate, stating, “So, if I ever get that perfect record…I can not wait until I feel like, ‘This song…I know she’s going to like it.’”

RELATED:21 Times Cardi B Left Us Edgeless With Her Killer Hairstyles… On And Off Camera!!

RELATED:Yass! Cardi B Pops Up On Stage For Madonna’s Final LA Show

While Cardi has achieved success with various high-profile collaborations in the past, including songs with Bruno Mars, Megan Thee Stallion, Latto, and most recently Shakira, her candidness about her aspirations to work with Rihanna highlights the universal experience of imposter syndrome, even for those at the top of their industry.

More On Cardi B’s Collaborations And Features:

Cardi B recently revealed that she once recorded a verse for a remix of Ice Spice‘s breakthrough hit, “Munch,” but she scrubbed it because she didn’t like the way it sounded.

“I did do like a thing for Ice Spice but I just did not like how I sound,” she said at the 33:45 mark of her interview with Complex. “No, I love the record, I did not like how I sound. You know, being on a drill beat is not as easy [as it looks]. They’re gonna drag me, and they’re gonna drag the song bad… I just felt like it was not giving. I was like, ‘I don’t even want to do this to this girl.’ Like, the record’s already great, I don’t want to f*ck it up.”

Despite her self-doubt, Cardi knows for fact that she is going to kill it with her upcoming album.

“My next announcement is gonna be my album. It’s not gonna be no more singles, no more freestyles. No more nothing.” She continued, “We already have everything planned out. I’m telling you, the next announcement will be the album. [The announcement] is very soon. I’m nervous, but I’m ready.”

Period! Who else is ready for some more Cardi B? Sound off in the comment box below!

Press Play Below For More On Cardi B:

Source

The post Cardi B Opens Up About Wanting To Collab With Rihanna — Shares How Her Fear Is Holding Her Back appeared first on Hollywood Unlocked .

Getty Images

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post