Metro Boomin Compares 21 Savage To Katt Williams For Telling A ‘Lie’ In His New Interview 

Metro Boomin and 21 Savage have collaborated on multiple projects and have friends for close to a decade now but after seeing Savage’s latest interview, the super producer had to call his friend out for telling a lie. 

After the release of his hit album ‘American Dream’ 21 Savage sat down with Shannon Sharpe and opened up about his childhood to where he is now. During his appearance on Club Shay Shay, 21 revealed that he was a smart student in school when he was growing up and also mentioned that he won a spelling bee in the fifth grade and won a math competition. In the fact, the rapper claims he was so smart he won the spelling bee by spelling the word supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. “It was crazy because I won the spelling bee in fifth grade, spelling that same word and I won the math competition that same year,” 21 said. 

RELATED: Kodak Black Says 21 Savage Switched Up On Him For Drake, Also Feels Some Way About Latto Never Clearing His Name In Sex-For-Feature Controversy

After catching that part of the interview, Metro Boomin had to crack a few jokes on his friend and called him out for capping. “You probably read 3000 books a year too huh,” Metro captioned his video. Of course his caption is a call back to Katt Williams’ viral interview with Shannon Sharpe where the comedian revealed he read 3000 books a year as a child. 

Furthermore, in the interview 21 Savage opened up about how he was born in London and then moved to Atlanta. “I remember, like, small things but not a lot,” 21 said when asked about his earliest memories of being a child in London. “Like, little small things like going to my grandma’s house or being with my momma. I remember going to the stores across the street. … I remember more from when we back and visited because we went back once to visit when I was a little older.”

When transitioning to Atlanta the rapper revealed that he got into a fight on the first day of school because kids would tease him about his London accent. 

RELATED: IKTR! Cardi B & 21 Savage Lead The 2023 BET Hip Hop Awards With 12 Nominations Each!

“I got in a fight on the first day of school, on God,” 21 recalled. “They used to tease me. … I get on the bus or whatever. They start talking to me. So they making fun of me on the way to school. So we get on the bus to go home, they making fun of me on the way home. One of the older dudes, his little brother was the main one, so the older brother said something like, basically, ‘Sh*t, fight him!’ So we get off the bus, I beat him up.”

After that first fight 21 says the kids who witnessed the altercation gave him a nickname. 

“I really was kicking a lot,” 21 said. “They started calling me ‘Taekwondo Kid.'”

The post Metro Boomin Compares 21 Savage To Katt Williams For Telling A ‘Lie’ In His New Interview  appeared first on Hollywood Unlocked .


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post