IKTR! Megan Thee Stallion Says She’s Protecting Her Mental Health: ‘I’m a Big Believer in Setting Boundaries’

Getty Images

It’s been a pretty hectic and challenging year for Megan Thee Stallion but she’s returned to the spotlight better than ever.

While speaking with PEOPLE about her new partnership with Planet Fitness, the superstar talked about how she’s been laser-focused on protecting her mental health while getting in shape. As many know, following her hiatus, Meg came back to the public eye looking super snatched and confident.

The Grammy-winning artist exclusively told the outlet, “Physical and mental health go hand-in-hand, and it’s a huge priority for me.” She went on to share, “Having a healthy and balanced diet is a huge part of my process. I’ve integrated a lot of fruit and vegetables into my meals — I love protein-rich meals and I drink lots of healthy smoothies — so I’m definitely proud of the adjustments I’ve made,” she explains. “It takes a lot of discipline and consistency, but I try to be extra health-conscious with everything I put into my body.”

RELATED: WATCH: Megan Thee Stallion Says She’s Giving “Peace, Love, And Tranquility,” After Dropping New Song “Cobra”

RELATED: Pardison Fontaine Reveals Megan Thee Stallion “Cheated” First — She Reacts

Speaking more about her partnership, she shared that the proceeds from a charitable co-branded merchandise line with the company will benefit the Pete & Thomas Foundation. It’s a non-profit organization she founded that focuses on uplifting and assisting underserved communities in her hometown of Houston.
Her fitness line includes crew neck sweatshirts, bucket hats, water bottles and sticker sheets,
according to Planet Fitness.

“I’m extremely grateful that Planet Fitness shares my passion for mental health and is committed to donating all sales profits from our co-branded merch line to my non-profit organization, The Pete & Thomas Foundation,” Megan told PEOPLE.

“For such a long time, our society had a negative stigma around mental health, so I’m committed to doing my part to normalize the conversation and provide people with the right resources to get the necessary help,” she added.

More On Megan Thee Stallion This Year:

Fans have been beyond happy to see Megan Thee Stallion reclaiming her happiness after a tough couple of months due to her shooting case and trial with Tory Lanez.

As we previously reported, on August 20, 2020, Megan Thee Stallion claimed that Tory Lanez was the person who shot her in the foot following a July 12, 2020, pool party at Kylie Jenner’s house.

After severe public scrutiny and trolling, she finally got the justice she deserved. On August 8, almost three years to the day she made the allegation, a judge finally sentenced Lanez to ten years in prison for the shooting.

Megan spoke on the sentencing shortly after and said she sees herself as a survivor and not a victim “because I have truly survived the unimaginable,” she writes. “Not only did I survive being shot by someone I trusted and considered a close friend, but I overcame the public humiliation of having my name and reputation dragged through the mud by that individual for the entire world to see,” she said in an essay for ELLE.

Unfortunately around that time, she also went through a breakup with boyfriend Pardison. Details about their split was shared through her song Cobra.

Despite those bumps in the road, Meg has still pulled through and is planning to take over her life and the music world by storm.

Source

The post IKTR! Megan Thee Stallion Says She’s Protecting Her Mental Health: ‘I’m a Big Believer in Setting Boundaries’ appeared first on Hollywood Unlocked .

Getty Images

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post