Lil Tay Is Not Dead. Said She Was Hacked: “I Want To Make It Clear That My Brother And I Are Safe And Alive

Lil Tay
Instagram / Lil Tay

#Socialites get into this! After all the prayers, condolences and online tributes, it turns out that internet personality Lil Tay is NOT dead.

As we previously reported, a statement was posted to her official Instagram account on Wednesday and it read, “It is with a heavy heart that we share the devastating news of our beloved Claire’s sudden and tragic passing. We have no words to express the unbearable loss and indescribable pain. This outcome was entirely unexpected and has left us all in shock. Her brother’s passing adds an even more unimaginable depth to our grief. During this time of immense sorrow, we kindly ask for privacy as we grieve this overwhelming loss, as the circumstances surrounding Claire and her brother’s passing are still under investigation. Claire will forever remain in our hearts, her absence leaving an irreplaceable void that will be felt by all who knew and loved her. Claire will forever remain in our hearts, her absence leaving an irreplaceable void that will be felt by all who knew and loved her.”

However, following the news it led to a lot of speculation as her father would not comment on the reports. Some outlets even contacted police in the Vancouver area as well as family members who apparently also knew nothing of her death. But as some suspected, it turned out to be a lie.

Lil Tay

Lil Tay Is Not Dead. Said She Was Hacked: “I Want To Make It Clear That My Brother And I Are Safe And Alive

In an official statement to TMZ, Tay herself explained: “I want to make it clear that my brother and I are safe and alive, but I’m completely heartbroken, and struggling to even find the right words to say. It’s been a very traumatizing 24 hours. All day yesterday, I was bombarded with endless heartbreaking and tearful phone calls from loved ones all while trying to sort out this mess.” She went on to say,

“My Instagram account was compromised by a 3rd party and used to spread jarring misinformation and rumors regarding me, to the point that even my name was wrong. My legal name is Tay Tian, not “Claire Hope.”

META (Facebook) helped her gain access to her account so she was able to remove the phony death statement. However, it’s still unclear why it took Tay 24 hours to get the word out that she’s alive.

Here’s How Social Media Has Been Reacting To The Shocking Update

One person reacted to the news on Twitter saying, “Um what the hell????? I need an investigation IMMEDIATELY into her parents because this is not right.” Someone added, “Hmm something is fishy, and it’s not Taylor Swift’s career…” A third user said, “I need CPS to visit this house IMMEDIATELY.”

More On Lil Tay

Lil Tay was the self-proclaimed “youngest flexer of the century” who debuted her first single in 2018. With her interesting rhymes, and music videos where she would flash money and luxury cars all while cursing, her social media antics came to a pause as her parents went into a nasty custody battle. Her older brother at the time even claimed she was being abused by her father and his family — something that he denied.

Since then, she’s been off the grid until her latest return which now has people scratching their heads…

Socialites, what are your thoughts on this? Sound off in the comment box below!

Source

The post Lil Tay Is Not Dead. Said She Was Hacked: “I Want To Make It Clear That My Brother And I Are Safe And Alive appeared first on Hollywood Unlocked .

Instagram / Lil Tay

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post