Carlos Santana Apologizes For His Anti-Trans Comments In Viral Video: ‘I Realized That What I Said Hurt People’

Carlos Santana Apologizes For His Anti-Trans Comments In Viral Video: 'I Realized That What I Said Hurt People'

Carlos Santana has been in the news lately after comments towards the transgender community during a concert in New Jersey. 

During the resurfaced clip on social media, Santana can be heard saying, “When God made you and me, before we came out of the womb, you know who you are and what you are,” the guitarist shared. “Later on when you grow up, and you see things and you start believing that you could be something that sounds good but you know it ain’t right, because a woman is a woman and a man is a man — that’s it. “Whatever you wanna do in the closet, that’s your business, I’m OK with that,” Santana added, before mentioning his closeness to his “brother Dave Chapelle,” who also faced criticism for anti-LGBTQ comments made in his 2021 Netflix comedy special “The Closer.”

RELATED: Ne-Yo Condemns Parents Who Allow Their Children To Transition Genders: ‘When Did It Become Ok?’

After receiving tons of backlash for his comments Santana released a statement to his Facebook and issued an apology to his fans. “I am sorry for my insensitive comments. They don’t reflect that I want to honor and respect all person’s (sic) ideals and beliefs. I realize that what I said hurt people and that was not my intent. I sincerely apologize to the transgender community and everyone I offended.” 

Santana went on to mention that his “personal goal” is to “honor and respect all person’s (sic) ideals and beliefs whether they are LGBTQ or not. This is the planet of free will and we have all been given this gift. I will now pursue this goal to be happy and have fun, and for everyone to believe what they want and follow in your hearts without fear.”

“It takes courage to grow and glow in the light that you are and to be true, genuine, and authentic. We grow and learn to shine our light with Love and compliments,” he concluded.

RELATED: Social Media Commentator Paradise Paris Goes Viral For Defending Jess Hilarious In TS Madison Debate Over Periods & Transphobia

Carlos Santana is a Mexican-American musician and guitarist who is widely recognized for his contributions to rock and Latin music. He was born on July 20, 1947, in Autlán de Navarro, Jalisco, Mexico. Santana gained fame in the late 1960s and early 1970s with his band Santana, which pioneered a fusion of rock, blues, jazz, and Latin rhythms.

Santana began playing the violin at a young age, but he switched to the guitar after hearing blues and rock music. His family moved to San Francisco, California, in the early 1960s, where he became involved in the burgeoning music scene. The band Santana was formed in 1966, featuring Carlos Santana on guitar, Gregg Rolie on keyboards and vocals, and other talented musicians. The band’s self-titled debut album, “Santana,” was released in 1969 and included the hit single “Evil Ways.” The album’s unique blend of rock, Latin percussion, and Afro-Cuban rhythms set them apart from other bands of the time.

The post Carlos Santana Apologizes For His Anti-Trans Comments In Viral Video: ‘I Realized That What I Said Hurt People’ appeared first on Hollywood Unlocked .


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post