Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Reportedly Gifts UFC Fighter Themba Gorimbo A House After Hearing About His Touching Story

The Rock Gifts UFC Fighter A House

This is real touching! Hollywood superstar Dwayne Johnson who is formerly known as the ‘The Rock’ is showing some major love to a UFC fighter who has a very inspiring story! 

UFC fighter, Themba Gorimbo recently gained a lot of attention after he opened up about chasing his dreams while dealing with financial struggles, revealing that he only had $7 in his bank account before winning his fight at UFC Vegas 73. During his post-fight interview in May, Gorimbo spoke about the hardships he encountered  on his journey to America. Revealing how he had limited funds and barely enough money to make it to the gym. The Rock caught wind of his touching story and shocked the UFC fighter with a beautiful surprise. 

RELATED: Dwayne Johnson Says He ‘Would Consider a Presidential Run: “That Would Be Up To The People”

In a video posted to The Rock’s Instagram you can see the actor surprising Gorimbo and the two embracing each other with a hug. “We’ve never met but I had to fly to Miami to look this man in the eyes, hug him and shake his hand. I’ve been moved & motivated by his story ❤ He recently won his first fight in the @UFC. He had $7 bucks in his bank account when he won. He sleeps on a couch in the gym. After the fight, he sold his fight gear (trunks & gloves) on line and made $7,000. Instead of using the money to find a place to live, he built a bush pump so his village back in Zimbabwe can have clean water.” 

“He never asked me for anything, but I just wanted to help the guy out. $7 Bucks ya know. And I felt the MANA & emotion in every hug 😊💪🏾 Very good and very special day. #thembagorimbo 🇿🇼 @mmamasters ❤.” 

While staying true to his word, recent media reports have indicated that Johnson went above and beyond to help ‘The Answer’ by gifting him a fully furnished house in Miami.

Gorimbo began fighting in 2010 after seeing the film “Never Back Down,” he was a pro by 2013, and in February, he made his UFC debut, losing via submission to AJ Fletcher. It was a disappointing outing, but he was not deterred, and after working with the MMA Masters crew in Florida, he put together a strong effort in the biggest fight of his career, but when asked at the post-fight press conference whether battling Sato was a do or die moment, he made it clear that he had been in more perilous positions than in sanctioned combat in an Octagon in Las Vegas.

RELATED: Dwayne Johnson Named Hollywood’s Highest-Paid Actor For Second Year In A Row

“It was not do or die for me,” he said. “I’ve been in worse situations in my life. I fight to change my life. So there was no do or die, even based on the situation that I was in where I didn’t have the money. It was more for me to just find that freedom, to get that result where I showed the world that I’m not what you saw in the last fight where I lost that fight. I am a different person and I’m capable of becoming a champion and I will be a champion. So that was more important than anything.”

The post Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Reportedly Gifts UFC Fighter Themba Gorimbo A House After Hearing About His Touching Story appeared first on Hollywood Unlocked .


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post